Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Why the underlining?!?!?!

Hey there folks!

I just wanted to let you all know that I am NOT underlining the text in my stories -- for some reason, this website is doing that for me. Text that I actually type into the blog (like the text I'm writing now) seems to post without the annoying underlining, but anything that I copy and paste from my files is 100% underlined. Even then, there is absolutely no underlining showing up on the screen before I hit the "publish" button, yet when the story actually posts to my blog, every last word is underlined. I've tried going back to the edit the post, and I just can't seem to get rid of the underlining.

I'm truly sorry if the underlining is a nuisance and a distraction, but it appears that I'm unable to make it go away. :(

2 comments:

  1. Hey, man! First time commenting, I think, but a long time subscriber. :)

    It sounds like the formatting from the program you're copying from is messed up. You could try pasting it into a basic text program (like Windows' Notepad) and then cutting it from there and pasting into Blogger to see if that fixes it. That would remove all formatting, good and bad.

    To fix the posts already here, check out the HTML on the problem posts and see if you can manually remove the < u > and < /u > (without spaces) tags if they're there. https://www.w3schools.com/TAGS/tag_u.asp should help explain it better.

    Best of luck! Keep up the great work, man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the helpful hints! I think I found a work-around, but yeah, it means that I lose ALL of my formatting, but that's okay -- it's a damn sight better than having all of my text underlined! :)

      And THANK YOU for posting your first comment on my blog!! I'm happy to hear that you've been a long time subscriber, and I hope you've found my stories and rewrites entertaining. GREAT screen name, by the way! ;)

      Delete